Espanyol's Daniel Jarque remembered by his Welwyn Garden City agent
SPANISH football ace Daniel Jarque, who died of a heart attack, has been remembered by the English agent who represented him. Andy Ford, from WGC, was representing the 26-year-old Espanyol captain along with other players in this country on behalf of the
SPANISH football ace Daniel Jarque, who died of a heart attack, has been remembered by the English agent who represented him.
Andy Ford, from WGC, was representing the 26-year-old Espanyol captain along with other players in this country on behalf of the player's own agent Javier Diaz.
The centre-back was found dead in his hotel room at the Club's Italian training base on August 8, the day before they were scheduled to play Bologna in a pre-season friendly.
Mr Ford, who works for the Academy Sports Management Agency, this week paid tribute to him,
He said: "He was a really decent lad.
"He had been at the club since he was 12, so he was very loyal to his club.
- 1 Council to meet with Howard Centre and M&S over store closure
- 2 Free electric vehicle charging at new charging points
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Fly-tipping on the rise as council determined to ‘eradicate the problem’
- 5 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
- 6 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 7 Man uses racist language in verbal attack
- 8 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 9 Plans to build 80 new flats in Hatfield approved
- 10 New Welwyn Garden City cycling improvements to be simulated
"Dani was just a nice lad."
Andy said several Premier League clubs were showing interest in signing him - however, no formal offers had been made or discussed.
"It is likely that Dani would have remained loyal to Espanyol, which is how the Spanish supporters will wish to remember him."
Mr Ford added: "It is tragic events like this that put football into perspective, and within hours of the news breaking, Everton who had been monitoring his situation for some time, had the compassion to contact me to offer their condolences."
"It is a tragic loss of a young man in his prime, at a time when his fianc�e is expecting their child in a month's time.
"Our thoughts go to her, his family, to the club, Javier Diaz and all of his friends and team mates."