Environment day at Hatfield
ECOLOGICAL exhibitors and experts will fill a Hatfield shopping outlet today (Friday).
Celebrating the UN’s World Environment Day, the Galleria is hosting Your Life, Your Home, Your World.
The free event, organised by the not-for-profit organisation Environmental Population, is aiming to get residents to “think global and act local by building eco living into your every day”.
Running from 10am to 4pm at the Comet Way centre will be split into separate sections, each with industry experts offering eco ideas, information and hints and tips.
The Your Life Zone will focus on day-to-day living; from fashion to food and fitness, cars to bikes and travel planning as well as eco communities, charities and schools. And watch out for the ‘Don’t Do The Dodo’!
You may also want to watch:
In the Your Home Zone you’ll find everything you need to transform your dwelling from energy saving products, heating and lighting, and interior design to eco architects, builders, gardening and even planning.
Don’t miss ‘The Cube – The Film’ showing a three metre cubed sustainable living space created by the University of Hertfordshire.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
Throughout the day the Your World Theatre will feature a programme of 15-minute talks and discussions by leading local experts including:
10:15am. Your World and Climate Change: Dr Mike Page, University of Hertfordshire, who will show film footage of ‘The Cube’ – a three metre cubed sustainable living space.
11am. Your Home and Saving Energy; the light in your home.
11:30am. Your Life and Training for a greener future: Goldsmith Centre for Business.
Noon. Your Life and Travel; train, plane, auto-mobile: Dr Scott Copsey, University of Hertfordshire.
1pm. Your Home and Saving Energy; the power of the sun: Loyd Davies, Electrasure-Solar.
2.30pm. Your World and Food; local produce, local business.
3pm. Your Home and Waste; recycling options: Grundons Waste Management.