Entries open for Welwyn Hatfield Civic Awards
DO you know an unsung hero from Times Territory?
Nominations for the fourth annual Civic Awards, organised by Welwyn Hatfield Council and sponsored by Serco, are now open.
The scheme is open to anyone who lives, works or studies in the borough, who you feel shows commitment, determination and excellence in their particular field or personal goal.
Each winner will receive a personalised trophy, a certificate and a cheque for �250.
An awards panel will then choose four winners from the nominations.
You may also want to watch:
This year, a new category has been introduced for young people, open to anyone under the age of 25.
Welwyn Hatfield mayor Kim Langley, who is chairing the awards panel, said: “I am proud to be involved with this scheme, it is important that achievement, generosity and courage in the borough is celebrated and rewarded.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
“I would especially like to encourage nominations for the young person award, there are a lot of talented people in the borough and their good work needs to be recognised.”
You can pick up nomination leaflets from all council buildings, phoning 01707 357000 or emailing email@example.com You can also nominate a candidate online by visiting www.welhat.gov.uk
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, February 19.