Entries open for Welwyn Hatfield Civic Awards
DO you know an unsung hero from Times Territory?
Nominations for the fourth annual Civic Awards, organised by Welwyn Hatfield Council and sponsored by Serco, are now open.
The scheme is open to anyone who lives, works or studies in the borough, who you feel shows commitment, determination and excellence in their particular field or personal goal.
Each winner will receive a personalised trophy, a certificate and a cheque for �250.
An awards panel will then choose four winners from the nominations.
You may also want to watch:
This year, a new category has been introduced for young people, open to anyone under the age of 25.
Welwyn Hatfield mayor Kim Langley, who is chairing the awards panel, said: “I am proud to be involved with this scheme, it is important that achievement, generosity and courage in the borough is celebrated and rewarded.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
“I would especially like to encourage nominations for the young person award, there are a lot of talented people in the borough and their good work needs to be recognised.”
You can pick up nomination leaflets from all council buildings, phoning 01707 357000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org You can also nominate a candidate online by visiting www.welhat.gov.uk
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, February 19.