Entries open for Welwyn Hatfield Civic Awards
DO you know an unsung hero from Times Territory?
Nominations for the fourth annual Civic Awards, organised by Welwyn Hatfield Council and sponsored by Serco, are now open.
The scheme is open to anyone who lives, works or studies in the borough, who you feel shows commitment, determination and excellence in their particular field or personal goal.
Each winner will receive a personalised trophy, a certificate and a cheque for �250.
An awards panel will then choose four winners from the nominations.
You may also want to watch:
This year, a new category has been introduced for young people, open to anyone under the age of 25.
Welwyn Hatfield mayor Kim Langley, who is chairing the awards panel, said: “I am proud to be involved with this scheme, it is important that achievement, generosity and courage in the borough is celebrated and rewarded.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
“I would especially like to encourage nominations for the young person award, there are a lot of talented people in the borough and their good work needs to be recognised.”
You can pick up nomination leaflets from all council buildings, phoning 01707 357000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org You can also nominate a candidate online by visiting www.welhat.gov.uk
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, February 19.