Entries open for Welwyn Hatfield Civic Awards
DO you know an unsung hero from Times Territory?
Nominations for the fourth annual Civic Awards, organised by Welwyn Hatfield Council and sponsored by Serco, are now open.
The scheme is open to anyone who lives, works or studies in the borough, who you feel shows commitment, determination and excellence in their particular field or personal goal.
Each winner will receive a personalised trophy, a certificate and a cheque for �250.
An awards panel will then choose four winners from the nominations.
You may also want to watch:
This year, a new category has been introduced for young people, open to anyone under the age of 25.
Welwyn Hatfield mayor Kim Langley, who is chairing the awards panel, said: “I am proud to be involved with this scheme, it is important that achievement, generosity and courage in the borough is celebrated and rewarded.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
“I would especially like to encourage nominations for the young person award, there are a lot of talented people in the borough and their good work needs to be recognised.”
You can pick up nomination leaflets from all council buildings, phoning 01707 357000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org You can also nominate a candidate online by visiting www.welhat.gov.uk
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, February 19.