Enter Shikari announce homecoming gig at the Forum in Hatfield
AWARD-WINNING St Albans group Enter Shikari have just announced a Christmas homecoming show at the Forum in Hatfield. The alternative metal band will play the University of Hertfordshire s new auditorium on Saturday, December 19. Formed in 2003, the post-
AWARD-WINNING St Albans group Enter Shikari have just announced a Christmas homecoming show at the Forum in Hatfield.
The alternative metal band will play the University of Hertfordshire's new auditorium on Saturday, December 19.
Formed in 2003, the post-hardcore quartet started out playing at the Pioneer and The Horn in St Albans.
They soon built up a reputation for their wild and energetic gigs and in November 2006 became only the second unsigned act to sell out the 2,000-capacity London Astoria.
You may also want to watch:
Enter Shikari went on to win the NME John Peel award for music innovation and have notched up a number of other accolades from metal magazine Kerrang!, including best live act in 2007.
Their debut album Take to the Skies reached number four in the charts and latest offering Common Dreads, featuring hit single Juggernauts, came out earlier this year.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
The band - Rou Reynolds (vocals/electronics), Rory Clewlow (guitar/backing vocals), Chris Batten (bass/vocals) and Rob Rolfe (drums) - are now regulars on the festival circuit, having played the likes of Glastonbury, Download, Leeds and Reading.
Tickets for their over 14s gig at the �38m Forum complex in College Lane are on sale now and cost �14.
Go to www.forumhertfordshire.co.uk or www.seetickets.com for more details.