England Test Cricket Bat Up For Auction
A CRICKET tournament in memory of a teenage sports player who died of a brain tumour is set to take place. The Oliver Mills Trophy is up for grabs by nine teams competing in the six-a-side competition, honouring the 18-year-old lad from
A CRICKET tournament in memory of a teenage sports player who died of a brain tumour is set to take place.
The Oliver Mills Trophy is up for grabs by nine teams competing in the six-a-side competition, honouring the 18-year-old lad from Crawford Road, Hatfield who died in 2005.
Organised by Oli's brother Eddie, the event will also involve a colts match as well as a fun day with entertainment, barbeque and the chance to win some great memorabilia in a charity auction.
With all proceeds split between Hatfield Hyde Cricket Club, where Oli used to play and the Teenage Cancer Trust, it is hoped the event at the club in King George V Playing Fields, WGC will raise plenty of cash.
You may also want to watch:
The event on Sunday, August 30, will end with a disco in the bar to mark the occasion.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
1. Full size cricket bat signed by the England Test side from this year's series against the West Indies
2. Framed and signed photo of Andrew Flintoff playing in a test at Lord's
3. Andy Murray signed tennis shirt
4. Signed Graham Napier cricket bat, celebrating his 16 x sixes in an innings
5. Signed Owais Shah Middlesex top
6. Signed Arsenal football shirt
7. Full set of signed Geri Halliwell children's books
8. A round of golf for three people with the club pro at Mill Green Golf Club
9. Lesbian Vampire Killers poster signed by James Corden and Matthew Horne
10. 2 x tickets to Warhorse in the West End
11. Tour of the Palace Westminster for two people - to include both the House of Lords and Commons
12. Remy Martin fine champagne cognac