England Test Cricket Bat Up For Auction
A CRICKET tournament in memory of a teenage sports player who died of a brain tumour is set to take place. The Oliver Mills Trophy is up for grabs by nine teams competing in the six-a-side competition, honouring the 18-year-old lad from
A CRICKET tournament in memory of a teenage sports player who died of a brain tumour is set to take place.
The Oliver Mills Trophy is up for grabs by nine teams competing in the six-a-side competition, honouring the 18-year-old lad from Crawford Road, Hatfield who died in 2005.
Organised by Oli's brother Eddie, the event will also involve a colts match as well as a fun day with entertainment, barbeque and the chance to win some great memorabilia in a charity auction.
With all proceeds split between Hatfield Hyde Cricket Club, where Oli used to play and the Teenage Cancer Trust, it is hoped the event at the club in King George V Playing Fields, WGC will raise plenty of cash.
You may also want to watch:
The event on Sunday, August 30, will end with a disco in the bar to mark the occasion.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
- 6 Would you quit drinking and smoking?
- 7 100 not out for centenarian Gladys
- 8 Businesses react as relaxation of Covid restrictions delayed to July 19
- 9 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 10 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
1. Full size cricket bat signed by the England Test side from this year's series against the West Indies
2. Framed and signed photo of Andrew Flintoff playing in a test at Lord's
3. Andy Murray signed tennis shirt
4. Signed Graham Napier cricket bat, celebrating his 16 x sixes in an innings
5. Signed Owais Shah Middlesex top
6. Signed Arsenal football shirt
7. Full set of signed Geri Halliwell children's books
8. A round of golf for three people with the club pro at Mill Green Golf Club
9. Lesbian Vampire Killers poster signed by James Corden and Matthew Horne
10. 2 x tickets to Warhorse in the West End
11. Tour of the Palace Westminster for two people - to include both the House of Lords and Commons
12. Remy Martin fine champagne cognac