England performance sparks bar brawl in Welwyn Garden City pub
A BRAWL broke out in a WGC town centre pub as tempers frayed during England’s woeful 0-0 draw against Algeria.
The Three Lions’ poor display on Friday got too much for some fans who had headed to The Parkway Bar to watch the World Cup clash on Friday night.
The punch-up left one man hospitalised and a barmaid with a small facial injury.
But as police arrived, the fight was already over and those involved had fled.
A police spokeswoman said: “We were called at 9.15pm to reports of a fight in the pub.
You may also want to watch:
“As we arrived it was quiet inside the pub and there was a large group at the rear of the building, but there were no problems.
“We found a man inside the pub laying unconscious but he had no visible sign of injury. He was taken to hospital to be checked over.”
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 8 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
- 9 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 10 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said paramedics were called to “reports of an assault” and a man in his 20s was taken to the QE2 Hospital with minor injuries.