England performance sparks bar brawl in Welwyn Garden City pub
A BRAWL broke out in a WGC town centre pub as tempers frayed during England’s woeful 0-0 draw against Algeria.
The Three Lions’ poor display on Friday got too much for some fans who had headed to The Parkway Bar to watch the World Cup clash on Friday night.
The punch-up left one man hospitalised and a barmaid with a small facial injury.
But as police arrived, the fight was already over and those involved had fled.
A police spokeswoman said: “We were called at 9.15pm to reports of a fight in the pub.
You may also want to watch:
“As we arrived it was quiet inside the pub and there was a large group at the rear of the building, but there were no problems.
“We found a man inside the pub laying unconscious but he had no visible sign of injury. He was taken to hospital to be checked over.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 7 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said paramedics were called to “reports of an assault” and a man in his 20s was taken to the QE2 Hospital with minor injuries.