England and Spurs striker Jermain Defoe convicted of speeding
ENGLAND footballer Jermain Defoe is �970 out of pocket after being convicted of speeding in Potters Bar. Spurs striker Defoe was caught by a speed camera driving a black Ferrari along
ENGLAND footballer Jermain Defoe is �970 out of pocket after being convicted of speeding in Potters Bar.
Spurs striker Defoe was caught by a speed camera driving a black Ferrari along Mutton Lane at 45mph on October 4, 2008.
The speed limit is 30mph.
Sitting at Central Herts Magistrates Court in St Albans, district judge Gill Allison fined Defoe �500 and ordered him to pay �470 costs.
You may also want to watch:
Defoe, of Cuffley, also had his licence endorsed with four penalty points.
The 26-year-old, who has 34 England caps, did not attend the hearing.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 7 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 8 Nature migrations: Ospreys and other migrant visitors to Panshanger Park
- 9 Welwyn Garden Cup off on another cup adventure after dramatic FA Trophy win over Hythe
- 10 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street