England and Spurs striker Jermain Defoe convicted of speeding
ENGLAND footballer Jermain Defoe is �970 out of pocket after being convicted of speeding in Potters Bar. Spurs striker Defoe was caught by a speed camera driving a black Ferrari along
ENGLAND footballer Jermain Defoe is �970 out of pocket after being convicted of speeding in Potters Bar.
Spurs striker Defoe was caught by a speed camera driving a black Ferrari along Mutton Lane at 45mph on October 4, 2008.
The speed limit is 30mph.
Sitting at Central Herts Magistrates Court in St Albans, district judge Gill Allison fined Defoe �500 and ordered him to pay �470 costs.
You may also want to watch:
Defoe, of Cuffley, also had his licence endorsed with four penalty points.
The 26-year-old, who has 34 England caps, did not attend the hearing.
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told