England and Spurs striker Jermain Defoe convicted of speeding
ENGLAND footballer Jermain Defoe is �970 out of pocket after being convicted of speeding in Potters Bar. Spurs striker Defoe was caught by a speed camera driving a black Ferrari along
ENGLAND footballer Jermain Defoe is �970 out of pocket after being convicted of speeding in Potters Bar.
Spurs striker Defoe was caught by a speed camera driving a black Ferrari along Mutton Lane at 45mph on October 4, 2008.
The speed limit is 30mph.
Sitting at Central Herts Magistrates Court in St Albans, district judge Gill Allison fined Defoe �500 and ordered him to pay �470 costs.
You may also want to watch:
Defoe, of Cuffley, also had his licence endorsed with four penalty points.
The 26-year-old, who has 34 England caps, did not attend the hearing.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 7 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 Student union apologises after controversial ‘Solidarity with Palestine’ post
- 10 Mother speaks out after garden centre breastfeeding dispute 'mishandled at every stage'