Energy supplies near Potters Bar set to be improved
OVERHEAD cables and pylons are set to be refurbished in South Mimms, as part of a project to reinforce electricity supplies to consumers in the area.
The work will form part of a �4million scheme which was unveiled by gas and electricity suppliers EDF Energy this week.
A total of 17km of overhead lines between Brimsdown, in Enfield, and South Mimms will be upgraded over the next few months.
The pylons which support these cables will also be re-painted.
Project manager Chris Ling said: “It is our priority to make sure that we provide a reliable electricity supply for our customers and this means regularly investing in our networks.
You may also want to watch:
“This refurbishment programme will maintain the equipment’s structural integrity and therefore ensure the reliability of supplies for the future.
“This year alone we are spending �459 million improving our networks, for customers across our distribution areas in the East, South East and London.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk