End of the road for Hatfield student Despina's X Factor dream
IT all ended in tears for University of Hertfordshire student Despina Pilavakis, as she was booted out of The X Factor last night (Sunday). The 20-year-old singer, a second year music student at the Hatfield-based university, wept after being told by me
IT all ended in tears for University of Hertfordshire student Despina Pilavakis, as she was booted out of The X Factor last night (Sunday).
The 20-year-old singer, a second year music student at the Hatfield-based university, wept after being told by mentor Dannii Minogue that she would not be progressing through to the live finals next week.
Instead, Essex girl Stacey Solomon, Welsh youngster Lucie Jones and teenager Rachel Adedeji will be representing the girls in the final 12.
Viewers on Saturday saw Despina sing Christina Aguilera's The Voice Within in front of Dannii and her sister, Kylie Minogue, at the judge's home in Dubai.
You may also want to watch:
But her performance divided the opinion of the Minogue sisters.
Kylie said that she performed a difficult song but "made it seem pretty easy".
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
But Dannii countered: "She made it seem easy but I'm not sure she put her stamp on it.
"I'm not sure she showed me something that was different."
Despina was one of three girls left disappointed. Former S Club Junior Stacey McClean and Nicole Jackson were also told it was not to be.