End of an era as Potters Bar playgroup closes
A PLAYGROUP which has served Potters Bar for the last 50 years has closed following the retirement of its long-serving leader. Carol Richardson stepped down as head of the Rainbow Nursery Playgroup on Friday last week after 17 years in the role.
A PLAYGROUP which has served Potters Bar for the last 50 years has closed following the retirement of its long-serving leader.
Carol Richardson stepped down as head of the Rainbow Nursery Playgroup on Friday last week after 17 years in the role.
And to mark the occasion, staff staged a surprise party at the playgroup, in Potters Bar Baptist Church, Barnet Road.
A number of people who attended the playgroup in the past came along to say their goodbyes, along with former playgroup leader Chris Wheeler.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about the event, Carol, 63, said: "It was a bit emotional because I have been there since 1992."
But the mum-of-two has no plans to retire completely. She said: "I will be looking after my grandchildren and generally helping people."
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
Deputy leader Angie James said the closure of the playgroup was the "end of an era".
She described the party as "really special," and added: "I hope that it gave Carol a good send-off.