Emergency services rush to chemical spillage in Welwyn Garden City
A POSTAL delivery business was evacuated yesterday (Wednesday) morning after a chemical fluid poured over a worker.
The Parcelforce employee had to be washed down after an “unknown substance” leaked out of a package that was being loaded into a lorry at the company’s WGC-based offices.
The East of England Ambulance Service and the trust’s hazardous response team rushed to the City Park, Swiftfields, business.
Spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Due to the nature of the call, we dispatched a tactical advisor to the scene to liaise with the other emergency services and assist in the treatment of the man involved.
“We believe the patients arm made contact with the substance. Following treatment at the scene, and a thorough wash down with soapy water, the man did not require to go to hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
A fire spokeswoman added it was reported at 5.30am, that the leaked solution had a “strong solvent smell” and the incident was resolved by 7:20am.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone