Emergency services called to house fire in Potters Bar

PUBLISHED: 11:22 19 July 2018 | UPDATED: 11:22 19 July 2018

There was a fire in Southgate Road, Potters Bar.

There was a fire in Southgate Road, Potters Bar.

Archant

The fire and ambulance services were called to a house blaze in Potters Bar.

Two engines from Potters Bar and Hertford were sent to a property in Southgate Road following reports of a kitchen fire at 2.42pm yesterday (Wednesday, July 18).

An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: “An 11-year-old boy was checked over at the scene for smoke inhalation but he was not taken to hospital.”

Herts Fire and Rescue tweeted: “Control received multiple calls to a house fire in Potters Bar. Thankfully all residents and dogs had evacuated prior to the arrival of @fire_PottersBar and @HertfordFireStn.”

The fire crews extinguished the blaze using hose reels and breathing apparatus by 3.18pm.

A county council spokesman, speaking on behalf of the fire service, said the incident had been listed as accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Welwyn Hatfield Times