Emergency meeting of Welwyn Hatfield Council staff facing chop
AN emergency meeting of Welwyn Hatfield Council's housing repairs team was held today after job losses were announced. Around 20 posts – mainly supervisors and admin staff – have been axed by council contractor Mears. The private company took over the c
AN emergency meeting of Welwyn Hatfield Council's housing repairs team was held today after job losses were announced.
Around 20 posts - mainly supervisors and admin staff - have been axed by council contractor Mears.
The private company took over the contract in October 2007.
The emergency meeting of plumbers, carpenters, bricklayers, painters and administrators was held at the Mears office in Hyde Way, WGC.
You may also want to watch:
Staff facing redundancy have clocked up more than a hundred year's service for the borough.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield