Emergency meeting of Welwyn Hatfield Council staff facing chop
AN emergency meeting of Welwyn Hatfield Council's housing repairs team was held today after job losses were announced. Around 20 posts – mainly supervisors and admin staff – have been axed by council contractor Mears. The private company took over the c
AN emergency meeting of Welwyn Hatfield Council's housing repairs team was held today after job losses were announced.
Around 20 posts - mainly supervisors and admin staff - have been axed by council contractor Mears.
The private company took over the contract in October 2007.
The emergency meeting of plumbers, carpenters, bricklayers, painters and administrators was held at the Mears office in Hyde Way, WGC.
You may also want to watch:
Staff facing redundancy have clocked up more than a hundred year's service for the borough.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan