Elderly woman rescued from Welwyn Garden City fire
AN elderly woman has been rescued this morning from a blaze at her home in WGC.
The woman in her 70s suffered serious injuries and was raced to hospital after being dragged by a firefighter from her home in Applecroft Road.
Eight fire crews attended the blaze which started just before 6am this morning (Wednesday).
Two ambulances from WGC, and crews from Cheshunt and Hertford attended the scene.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “On the arrival of the paramedics, a woman who we believe to be in her 70s had received life threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“Paramedics treated and stabilised her at the scene before she was conveyed to an awaiting trauma team at the QE2 Hospital in WGC,”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM