Elderly woman rescued from Welwyn Garden City fire
AN elderly woman has been rescued this morning from a blaze at her home in WGC.
The woman in her 70s suffered serious injuries and was raced to hospital after being dragged by a firefighter from her home in Applecroft Road.
Eight fire crews attended the blaze which started just before 6am this morning (Wednesday).
Two ambulances from WGC, and crews from Cheshunt and Hertford attended the scene.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “On the arrival of the paramedics, a woman who we believe to be in her 70s had received life threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“Paramedics treated and stabilised her at the scene before she was conveyed to an awaiting trauma team at the QE2 Hospital in WGC,”
- 1 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 2 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 Welwyn Garden City one step closer FA Cup dreamland with deserved victory at Bedford Town
- 10 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend