Elderly man hospitalised after single-vehicle collision
- Credit: Google Maps
A 70-year-old man was left in hospital after falling from an electric tricycle in Welwyn yesterday evening.
Herts police are appealing for witnesses, information and dash cam footage.
Police were called to Kimpton Road at 6.45pm yesterday, Thursday, September 2, to reports that a man had come off an electric tricycle, for reasons unknown at this stage.
The ambulance service was also called to the scene.
The man was taken to hospital with serious injuries, where he remains at this time.
PC Helen Carpenter, of the BCH Road Policing Unit, said: “The vehicle, a white electrically assisted Alpine tricycle, is very distinctive. If you recall seeing it prior to the incident, please get in touch.
“I would like to appeal to anyone who was driving in Kimpton Road between 6.30pm and 7pm yesterday evening to please get in touch, as you may have information which could assist with our investigation."
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 8 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 9 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 10 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
If you have any information, email PC Carpenter at: Helen.Carpenter@herts.police.uk.