Egypt chosen as the best place to go on holiday by Welwyn Garden City Travel Experts - Andes Travel
EGYPT has been tipped as a top destination for 2009 by top travel experts in WGC. Yes it might be a pharaoh way to go, but the girls down at Andes Travel, in Fretherne Road, highly recommend the land of the Pyramids, mummies and the Sphinx. Jenifer Gre
EGYPT has been tipped as a top destination for 2009 by top travel experts in WGC.
Yes it might be a 'pharaoh' way to go, but the girls down at Andes Travel, in Fretherne Road, highly recommend the land of the Pyramids, mummies and the Sphinx.
Jenifer Greenslade, 20, who is a travel consultant at Andes, said: "Egypt, at the moment, is a great place to go.
"Many of the hotels are all-inclusive and of a high standard, there's as much sun, sand and sea as you could wish for and there's also the ever popular tourist attractions such as the Pyramids.
You may also want to watch:
"For example, an average package would approximately be about �400 to �500 for an all-inclusive four star hotel, with flights, for seven days."
The top three popular destinations currently according to Andes - which provides all the relevant licences to make sure you're protected abroad - are the Baltics, USA and Thailand.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 3 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 6 5 films and TV series shot on location at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 9 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Co-worker Stacie Thomas said: "I think people are looking to avoid the Euro.
"It seems people are still booking holidays, however they're simply cutting back.
"Say instead of going to Cyprus for two weeks five star, they are going to Alicante for one week and three star.
"Also our UK holidays are ever-popular, especially for things like coach trips."
Emma Palmer, who is also a travel consultant, said: "Thailand is always popular with people looking to travel. It's a good-value place to go, with lots to do and it's somewhere people feel safe.
"I think the most popular or upcoming places such as Croatia and Bulgaria."
Jenifer added people are going to America to fulfil their 'once-in-a-lifetime' holidays before the credit crunch may take over.
She added: "At Andes we are very client orientated and we tailor make holidays to ensure the customer gets exactly what they want and for the cheapest possible price; that's for the lower, mid and higher market.