Youngsters impress in Tewin art competition
- Credit: Archant
PUPILS have sung the praises of their village, with a picture competition celebrating the best of Tewin.
Youngsters from Tewin Cowper C of E Primary School took part in the contest, What Tewin Means To Me, to showcase the best things about village life.
Tyler Owens, 10, scooped the top prize, while nine-year-old Max Seewraj and Hannah Stapleton, aged eight, came second and third respectively.
Tyler said: “Tewin is such a friendly village, everyone knows each other.”
Max added: “I feel safe in Tewin. I can ride my bike around the village and visit all my friends.”
You may also want to watch:
Tyler’s work is now on display at the Carrington Grange development sales information centre in Upper Green Road.
The competition was organised by developer Taylor Wimpey.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 8 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed