Young Welwyn Garden City reporters in action
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City school pupils had a go at producing their own news reports last week - after some professional guidance from the Welwyn Hatfield Times.
About 60 Year 4 pupils at Commonswood Primary School produced news-sheets and newspapers of up to three pages each, filled with stories set up for them on the premises by teacher Steve Burt.
Before they started, they were given some hints on writing and developing their stories by Welwyn Hatfield Times reporter Alex Lewis.
They then developed stories and gathered quotes by conducting interviews.
Mr Burt said after the project concluded: “It has been immensely enjoyable. We are really grateful to the Welwyn Hatfield Times for coming in to inspire us and give us a kick-start.
“The children have learned to check their work carefully, and work collaboratively. The hardest thing was working within the time constraints and meeting a deadline.”
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 4 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 5 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 6 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 7 Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat finally comes to Potters Bar's Wyllyotts Theatre
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 10 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital