Young Welwyn Garden City reporters in action
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City school pupils had a go at producing their own news reports last week - after some professional guidance from the Welwyn Hatfield Times.
About 60 Year 4 pupils at Commonswood Primary School produced news-sheets and newspapers of up to three pages each, filled with stories set up for them on the premises by teacher Steve Burt.
Before they started, they were given some hints on writing and developing their stories by Welwyn Hatfield Times reporter Alex Lewis.
They then developed stories and gathered quotes by conducting interviews.
Mr Burt said after the project concluded: “It has been immensely enjoyable. We are really grateful to the Welwyn Hatfield Times for coming in to inspire us and give us a kick-start.
You may also want to watch:
“The children have learned to check their work carefully, and work collaboratively. The hardest thing was working within the time constraints and meeting a deadline.”
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 5 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 6 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 9 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules