Young Welwyn Garden City reporters in action
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City school pupils had a go at producing their own news reports last week - after some professional guidance from the Welwyn Hatfield Times.
About 60 Year 4 pupils at Commonswood Primary School produced news-sheets and newspapers of up to three pages each, filled with stories set up for them on the premises by teacher Steve Burt.
Before they started, they were given some hints on writing and developing their stories by Welwyn Hatfield Times reporter Alex Lewis.
They then developed stories and gathered quotes by conducting interviews.
Mr Burt said after the project concluded: “It has been immensely enjoyable. We are really grateful to the Welwyn Hatfield Times for coming in to inspire us and give us a kick-start.
You may also want to watch:
“The children have learned to check their work carefully, and work collaboratively. The hardest thing was working within the time constraints and meeting a deadline.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire