Win £2,000 prize for your school in the Welwyn Hatfield Times School Awards 2014
- Credit: Archant
Entries are flooding in for the most exciting event in the borough’s education calendar – the 2014 Welwyn Hatfield Times School Awards.
And £2,000 worth of building work is up for grabs, thanks to awards hosts Oaklands College.
The prize will go to the school with the highest number of winning entrants from the various award categories.
Held in association with the college, the awards are now in their third year, and will once again celebrate the achievements of staff and students at schools and colleges across Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar.
Zoe Hancock, principal at Oaklands College, said: “We are looking forward to celebrating and recognising the achievements of local teachers and pupils.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s going to be a fantastic night and a great way to round up the school year.”
The award categories are:
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
* Teacher of the Year (Secondary) – sponsored by Canada Life
* Teacher of the Year (Primary) – sponsored by The Howard Centre
* School of the Year (Primary) – sponsored by Morgan Sindall
* School of the Year (Secondary) – sponsored by Roche Products
* Innovation/Project of the Year – sponsored by Henkel
* Pupil of the Year
* Sporting Achiever of the Year
* Special Recognition Award
* Support Staff Member
* Unsung Hero Award
The deadline for nominations is 5pm on June 6, and not only is it free to enter, but you can enter as many different categories as you like, with all nominations considered.
Finalists will be selected by a special panel of judges, and the winner of each category will be announced at a gala awards evening held at Oaklands College’s Welwyn Garden City campus on Thursday, July 10.
* For full details of the categories, and how to enter the awards, visit www.whtschoolawards.co.uk/