Wheels in motion for upgrade plans at Welwyn Garden City school
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City school’s headteacher has confirmed the wheels are in motion for upgrade plans at his school.
Holwell Primary School underwent a revamp in 2014, adding new classrooms and raising the pupil capacity, but numerous parents voiced frustration that the dining room, school hall and playground were not all also expanded.
The frustration sparked parents into launching a petition lobbying the county council, following which representatives met with headteacher Joe McIntyre to discuss the options.
After a meeting last night (Tuesday, February 20), he told the WHT: “They are aware of what we require, there is nothing concrete, but they are coming up with a proposal for us to look at.”
Mr McIntyre said there are restraining factors linked to the site and being in a garden city, which make things “a little more difficult”, but added the council knows what is required.
You may also want to watch:
It is unclear exactly when the plans will be unveiled, but it is hoped everything will be in place ahead of a scheduled visit from the borough’s MP Grant Shapps on March 23.
Hertfordshire County Council has been contacted for comment.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire