Schools closed for snow day
- Credit: Mia Jankowicz
Schools are on alert for possible closures in response to predictions of heavy snow.
Schools that have announced a snow day today (February 28) are:
• Knebworth Primary School
The school has asked parents and guardians to pick their children up as soon as possible.
• Southfield School, Hatfield
You may also want to watch:
Taxis will pick children up from the school at 1.00.
The school asks parents and guardians to make sure there is someone at home to receive children.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 6 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
Parents who pick up from school can come early, or arrive for 1.00.
• Tewin Cowper C Of E VA Primary School
The school asks parents and guardians to pick up children as soon as possible.
If you think you may be later than 1.30pm, please call to let the school know.
• St Michael’s Woolmer Green
School is OPEN until 3.15pm, but after-school clubs including EnergyKidz are cancelled to enable all staff to get home safely.
A further message will be sent if they have to close tomorrow.
Have we missed your child’s school closure? Contact us at email@example.com
Check back for updates.