Schools closed for snow day
- Credit: Mia Jankowicz
Schools are on alert for possible closures in response to predictions of heavy snow.
Schools that have announced a snow day today (February 28) are:
• Knebworth Primary School
The school has asked parents and guardians to pick their children up as soon as possible.
• Southfield School, Hatfield
You may also want to watch:
Taxis will pick children up from the school at 1.00.
The school asks parents and guardians to make sure there is someone at home to receive children.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 10 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
Parents who pick up from school can come early, or arrive for 1.00.
• Tewin Cowper C Of E VA Primary School
The school asks parents and guardians to pick up children as soon as possible.
If you think you may be later than 1.30pm, please call to let the school know.
• St Michael’s Woolmer Green
School is OPEN until 3.15pm, but after-school clubs including EnergyKidz are cancelled to enable all staff to get home safely.
A further message will be sent if they have to close tomorrow.
Have we missed your child’s school closure? Contact us at email@example.com
Check back for updates.