Welwyn St Mary’s Primary School children enjoy ‘fantastic’ new playground
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn St Mary’s Primary School has unveiled its new “fantastic” playground.
Jenny Wylie, chair of the Parents, Teachers and Friends Association (PTFA), cut the ribbon for the Key Stage 1 outdoor play facilities on Wednesday, November 6.
It was funded by a grant from Welwyn Hatfield Community Fund, together with money raised by the PTFA, school fund, and school council.
Borough councillor Terry Mitchinson, executive member for leisure, culture and communications, was present at the unveiling, following which Reception children flocked to the new apparatus.
Headteacher Mary Westley said: "The playground is fantastic. All our younger children will benefit and their fitness will improve. We are extremely grateful to all those who made this possible as together we have achieved so much more."
You may also want to watch:
Welwyn St Mary's was ranked 'outstanding' in its last Ofsted inspection.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return