Welwyn St Mary’s Primary School children enjoy ‘fantastic’ new playground
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn St Mary’s Primary School has unveiled its new “fantastic” playground.
Jenny Wylie, chair of the Parents, Teachers and Friends Association (PTFA), cut the ribbon for the Key Stage 1 outdoor play facilities on Wednesday, November 6.
It was funded by a grant from Welwyn Hatfield Community Fund, together with money raised by the PTFA, school fund, and school council.
Borough councillor Terry Mitchinson, executive member for leisure, culture and communications, was present at the unveiling, following which Reception children flocked to the new apparatus.
Headteacher Mary Westley said: "The playground is fantastic. All our younger children will benefit and their fitness will improve. We are extremely grateful to all those who made this possible as together we have achieved so much more."
You may also want to watch:
Welwyn St Mary's was ranked 'outstanding' in its last Ofsted inspection.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home