Welwyn St Mary’s Primary School children enjoy ‘fantastic’ new playground
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn St Mary’s Primary School has unveiled its new “fantastic” playground.
Jenny Wylie, chair of the Parents, Teachers and Friends Association (PTFA), cut the ribbon for the Key Stage 1 outdoor play facilities on Wednesday, November 6.
It was funded by a grant from Welwyn Hatfield Community Fund, together with money raised by the PTFA, school fund, and school council.
Borough councillor Terry Mitchinson, executive member for leisure, culture and communications, was present at the unveiling, following which Reception children flocked to the new apparatus.
Headteacher Mary Westley said: "The playground is fantastic. All our younger children will benefit and their fitness will improve. We are extremely grateful to all those who made this possible as together we have achieved so much more."
You may also want to watch:
Welwyn St Mary's was ranked 'outstanding' in its last Ofsted inspection.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes