Welwyn St Mary’s celebrates 80 years and ‘excellent’ rating
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Yesterday Welwyn St Mary’s held a joint celebration to commemorate the 80th birthday of the school building and the awarding of an “excellent” rating by SIAMS.
SIAMS is the Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools – and excellent is the highest grade awarded.
Children studied the history of the school buildings in class and were presented with a giant cake, baked by Katie’s Bakery in Welwyn.
Everyone sang happy birthday and a birthday card was opened.
Headteacher Mary Westley said: “The 80th birthday of our school building has been a wonderful opportunity to teach the children about the changes that have happened since 1939 when the school was built.
You may also want to watch:
“The continued hard work of staff and pupils resulted in our ‘excellent’ SIAMS rating and a birthday cake was a well-deserved reward.
“It was thoroughly enjoyed by all!”
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?