Welwyn St Mary’s celebrates 80 years and ‘excellent’ rating
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Yesterday Welwyn St Mary’s held a joint celebration to commemorate the 80th birthday of the school building and the awarding of an “excellent” rating by SIAMS.
SIAMS is the Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools – and excellent is the highest grade awarded.
Children studied the history of the school buildings in class and were presented with a giant cake, baked by Katie’s Bakery in Welwyn.
Everyone sang happy birthday and a birthday card was opened.
Headteacher Mary Westley said: “The 80th birthday of our school building has been a wonderful opportunity to teach the children about the changes that have happened since 1939 when the school was built.
You may also want to watch:
“The continued hard work of staff and pupils resulted in our ‘excellent’ SIAMS rating and a birthday cake was a well-deserved reward.
“It was thoroughly enjoyed by all!”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire