Welwyn school’s new learning area has bishop’s blessing
A NEW outdoor learning area for reception pupils at Welwyn St Mary’s Primary School has been opened by the Bishop of Hertford.
The Rev Canon Paul Bayes visited the London Road school on October 5 to see what the new space has to offer.
Headteacher Mary Westley said: “The whole project has been a huge success.
“It gives our pupils a wonderful facility and the chance to extend their learning outside the classroom.”
She said pupils, staff, parents and governors were all delighted with the new area, and she was very grateful to all involved in making it possible.
You may also want to watch:
Work took place over the summer holidays and the facility includes a soft surface play area full of specialist equipment to enhance learning and play.
“The favourites so far are the pirate ship and the counting snake!,” she added.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?