Welwyn’s Fairy Tara creates magical storytime with puppets
- Credit: Archant
A puppeteer from Welwyn has been helping kids through storytelling while they are under lockdown.
‘Fairy’ Tara Harris’ life completely changed when she was told – while performing in Julia Donaldson’s ‘Zog’– that there would be no tour and therefore no job.
She said: “I was devastated, however, having already started my own storytelling and theatre business for children back in 2017, I knew I already had something I could do.”
So for the last few months, she has entertained children through interactive storytelling and puppetry for free on Facebook and Instagram.
One parent told her: “Instead of my daughter remembering how scared she felt during lockdown, she will remember Fairy Tara telling her stories.”
You may also want to watch:
Tara added that now she has people watching from Australia, Spain, Netherlands, Switzerland, Cyprus, Germany and all over the UK.
Find her on Facebook and Instagram @tinytsparties and go to tinytsparties.com for more.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire