Welwyn mums plan to start new playgroup
- Credit: Archant
A group of mums from Welwyn plan to start a new playgroup in the village.
The group, made up of Welwyn mums Anna Dyson, Vicky Turkentine and Jess Richardson, feel there are only expensive options in the village to support parents with day care needs.
Their group, in contrast, would cost just £2 for every adult and up to two children.
As the playgroup would be made of volunteers the money would spent just on snacks and art supplies.
"We've had a great response so far and are working hard for the September start date, and just our response from Facebook alone has proved how needed the playgroup is for our village," Ms Richardson said.
You may also want to watch:
She added they are currently thinking of opening it from 9.30am to 11.30am during school term time.
Welwyn Parish Council has secured the venue and play equipment and the Mums hopes to start on the first Thursday in September.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts