Welwyn mums plan to start new playgroup
- Credit: Archant
A group of mums from Welwyn plan to start a new playgroup in the village.
The group, made up of Welwyn mums Anna Dyson, Vicky Turkentine and Jess Richardson, feel there are only expensive options in the village to support parents with day care needs.
Their group, in contrast, would cost just £2 for every adult and up to two children.
As the playgroup would be made of volunteers the money would spent just on snacks and art supplies.
"We've had a great response so far and are working hard for the September start date, and just our response from Facebook alone has proved how needed the playgroup is for our village," Ms Richardson said.
You may also want to watch:
She added they are currently thinking of opening it from 9.30am to 11.30am during school term time.
Welwyn Parish Council has secured the venue and play equipment and the Mums hopes to start on the first Thursday in September.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 8 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas