Welwyn mums plan to start new playgroup
- Credit: Archant
A group of mums from Welwyn plan to start a new playgroup in the village.
The group, made up of Welwyn mums Anna Dyson, Vicky Turkentine and Jess Richardson, feel there are only expensive options in the village to support parents with day care needs.
Their group, in contrast, would cost just £2 for every adult and up to two children.
As the playgroup would be made of volunteers the money would spent just on snacks and art supplies.
"We've had a great response so far and are working hard for the September start date, and just our response from Facebook alone has proved how needed the playgroup is for our village," Ms Richardson said.
You may also want to watch:
She added they are currently thinking of opening it from 9.30am to 11.30am during school term time.
Welwyn Parish Council has secured the venue and play equipment and the Mums hopes to start on the first Thursday in September.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist