Welwyn mums plan to start new playgroup
- Credit: Archant
A group of mums from Welwyn plan to start a new playgroup in the village.
The group, made up of Welwyn mums Anna Dyson, Vicky Turkentine and Jess Richardson, feel there are only expensive options in the village to support parents with day care needs.
Their group, in contrast, would cost just £2 for every adult and up to two children.
As the playgroup would be made of volunteers the money would spent just on snacks and art supplies.
"We've had a great response so far and are working hard for the September start date, and just our response from Facebook alone has proved how needed the playgroup is for our village," Ms Richardson said.
You may also want to watch:
She added they are currently thinking of opening it from 9.30am to 11.30am during school term time.
Welwyn Parish Council has secured the venue and play equipment and the Mums hopes to start on the first Thursday in September.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?