Welwyn nusery managers put up for awards
WORKERS at a nursery have been put forward for a top award by their fellow staff.
Busy Bees’ Laura Jacques and Susie McCormack have made it through to the final five for the Manager of the Year gong at the Nursery Management Today Magazine Awards.
The duo, who have a combined 25 years of experience at the nursery, have seen off competition from 112 others to be selected to attend a gala evening at the Hilton London Metropole Hotel in November, which will be presented by TV celebs Dick and Dom.
Amanda Zienkowicz, senior room manager at the Mardley Hill nursery, who put the duo forward for the award, said: “They deserve this, as they have achieved so much, both being self-governed; they gained us the Hertfordshire quality standards award in 2007, outstanding Ofsted in 2009, and helped us achieve nursery of the year (Busy Bees) in 2009.”
She added: “Our staff turnover is excellent, staff very rarely leave, our nursery is a home-from-home environment for all.
You may also want to watch:
“When families look around they always comment on the warm environment and we are currently working alongside the go green campaigns, by reducing waste and recycling.”
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 7 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000