Welwyn nusery managers put up for awards
WORKERS at a nursery have been put forward for a top award by their fellow staff.
Busy Bees’ Laura Jacques and Susie McCormack have made it through to the final five for the Manager of the Year gong at the Nursery Management Today Magazine Awards.
The duo, who have a combined 25 years of experience at the nursery, have seen off competition from 112 others to be selected to attend a gala evening at the Hilton London Metropole Hotel in November, which will be presented by TV celebs Dick and Dom.
Amanda Zienkowicz, senior room manager at the Mardley Hill nursery, who put the duo forward for the award, said: “They deserve this, as they have achieved so much, both being self-governed; they gained us the Hertfordshire quality standards award in 2007, outstanding Ofsted in 2009, and helped us achieve nursery of the year (Busy Bees) in 2009.”
She added: “Our staff turnover is excellent, staff very rarely leave, our nursery is a home-from-home environment for all.
You may also want to watch:
“When families look around they always comment on the warm environment and we are currently working alongside the go green campaigns, by reducing waste and recycling.”
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Teenager charged after 'Rambo knife' and suspected class A drugs found
- 8 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station