Welwyn nusery managers put up for awards
WORKERS at a nursery have been put forward for a top award by their fellow staff.
Busy Bees’ Laura Jacques and Susie McCormack have made it through to the final five for the Manager of the Year gong at the Nursery Management Today Magazine Awards.
The duo, who have a combined 25 years of experience at the nursery, have seen off competition from 112 others to be selected to attend a gala evening at the Hilton London Metropole Hotel in November, which will be presented by TV celebs Dick and Dom.
Amanda Zienkowicz, senior room manager at the Mardley Hill nursery, who put the duo forward for the award, said: “They deserve this, as they have achieved so much, both being self-governed; they gained us the Hertfordshire quality standards award in 2007, outstanding Ofsted in 2009, and helped us achieve nursery of the year (Busy Bees) in 2009.”
She added: “Our staff turnover is excellent, staff very rarely leave, our nursery is a home-from-home environment for all.
“When families look around they always comment on the warm environment and we are currently working alongside the go green campaigns, by reducing waste and recycling.”
- 1 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 2 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 3 Buyers can now reserve an apartment in Hatfield Rise
- 4 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 5 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 6 Cash stolen from elderly man using bank ATM
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 9 'Friendship zone' created in Welwyn school
- 10 Work begins on Welwyn Garden City’s new-look Anniversary Gardens