Welwyn Hatfield schools receive Key Stage 2 results
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield schools received their Key Stage 2 exam results for the 2014/15 academic year last week.
A notable Welwyn Garden City performer was Watchlytes Junior Mixed Infant School, which had 97 per cent of pupils achieve Level 4 or above in reading, writing and maths, a 14 per cent increase on last year’s results.
Also posting an improvement were Springmead Primary School, in Hilly Fields, with 91 per cent in comparison to 85 per cent, and Commonswood Primary and Nursey School, up 16 per cent to 82 per cent.
In Hatfield top performers included Green Lanes Primary School, and Oak View Primary and Nursery School, in Woods Avenue, which both saw 93 per cent of pupils achieve at least Level 4 in reading, writing and maths.
Green Lanes headteacher Michele Johnson said: “I’m proud of all the hard work and achievements of the pupils and the staff at Green Lanes which makes it such a school.”
You may also want to watch:
To see how your school got on check out this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out tomorrow, December 16.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 8 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 9 What time will the election results come in?
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off