Welwyn Hatfield schools receive Key Stage 2 results
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield schools received their Key Stage 2 exam results for the 2014/15 academic year last week.
A notable Welwyn Garden City performer was Watchlytes Junior Mixed Infant School, which had 97 per cent of pupils achieve Level 4 or above in reading, writing and maths, a 14 per cent increase on last year’s results.
Also posting an improvement were Springmead Primary School, in Hilly Fields, with 91 per cent in comparison to 85 per cent, and Commonswood Primary and Nursey School, up 16 per cent to 82 per cent.
In Hatfield top performers included Green Lanes Primary School, and Oak View Primary and Nursery School, in Woods Avenue, which both saw 93 per cent of pupils achieve at least Level 4 in reading, writing and maths.
Green Lanes headteacher Michele Johnson said: “I’m proud of all the hard work and achievements of the pupils and the staff at Green Lanes which makes it such a school.”
You may also want to watch:
To see how your school got on check out this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out tomorrow, December 16.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes