Enterprising Hatfield pupils to represent UK after winning national innovation challenge
- Credit: Young Enterprise
A Hatfield school team will represent the UK at the Youth European Business Summit.
TEAM OSA from Onslow St Audrey’s in Hatfield will compete in Brussels in May against teams from Germany, Hungary and France after winning the Arconic Foundation Inventing the Future European Challenge.
Three schools from Welwyn Hatfield took part in the challenge at host school Sherrardswood in Welwyn last Thursday.
Competing to become the winning team from South of England, the six Year 12 teams were given the challenge of developing an ambitious transportation plan for the 2028 Los Angeles Olympic Games.
Supported by Arconic experts, the teams created a concept paper, considering the environmental impact and disruption to LA commuters, and presented their plans to judges who tested their theories with challenging questions.
You may also want to watch:
TEAM OSA not only won in the South of England but were also announced as the UK winning team.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced