Enterprising Hatfield pupils to represent UK after winning national innovation challenge
- Credit: Young Enterprise
A Hatfield school team will represent the UK at the Youth European Business Summit.
TEAM OSA from Onslow St Audrey’s in Hatfield will compete in Brussels in May against teams from Germany, Hungary and France after winning the Arconic Foundation Inventing the Future European Challenge.
Three schools from Welwyn Hatfield took part in the challenge at host school Sherrardswood in Welwyn last Thursday.
Competing to become the winning team from South of England, the six Year 12 teams were given the challenge of developing an ambitious transportation plan for the 2028 Los Angeles Olympic Games.
Supported by Arconic experts, the teams created a concept paper, considering the environmental impact and disruption to LA commuters, and presented their plans to judges who tested their theories with challenging questions.
You may also want to watch:
TEAM OSA not only won in the South of England but were also announced as the UK winning team.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 6 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022