Welwyn Hatfield school head leaves
A HEADTEACHER has left a secondary school, to “pursue other career options”.
Stuart Phillips stood down from his post in charge of Chancellor’s School in Brookmans Park at the end of the spring term.
Parents were informed via a letter from chair of governors Phil Holm, who said: “After seven happy and successful years as headteacher at Chancellor’s School it has been mutually agreed that Stuart Phillips will leave the school at the end of this term in order to allow him to pursue other career options.
“The governors would like to thank Mr Phillips for all that he has done for Chancellor’s and wish him all the very best for the future.”
He added: “The governors will be working hard next term to ensure the recruitment of a suitable successor to Mr Phillips.”
You may also want to watch:
Dr Josephine Valentine, headteacher of St Clement Danes School in Chorleywood, has taken on the role of acting headteacher for the summer term.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 6 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022