Welwyn Hatfield mum looking to host French teens
A MUM is looking for help to find families across Welwyn Hatfield happy to host a French teenager this summer.
Panshanger woman Sarah Saurigny moved from her native France 11 years ago and is keen to give youngsters the chance to learn a new culture.
The scheme has been running for a few years with students coming over to spend a fortnight studying and living in the area.
Sarah, a mum-of-two, said: “I would really like these children to have a wonderful experience being able to appreciate the differences between the two cultures.”
Families will be expected to provide breakfast, a packed lunch and an evening meal as well as a bed and will be paid �189.80.
You may also want to watch:
Around 30 students will arrive on Friday, July 9, staying until Thursday, July 22.
They will pay for their own transport and will study English at Oaklands College each morning, before taking part in planned activities each afternoon, before returning to their host families at around 5.30pm.
- 1 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 4 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
- 10 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
Sarah, 39, from Wellington Drive, WGC, added: “We hope this is a chance for working parents to still be able to join in.
“It would be nice if the families had children of a similar age, but this is not essential.”
n Do you think you could be a host family?
Contact Mrs Saurigny on 01707 327238.