Welwyn Hatfield mum looking to host French teens
A MUM is looking for help to find families across Welwyn Hatfield happy to host a French teenager this summer.
Panshanger woman Sarah Saurigny moved from her native France 11 years ago and is keen to give youngsters the chance to learn a new culture.
The scheme has been running for a few years with students coming over to spend a fortnight studying and living in the area.
Sarah, a mum-of-two, said: “I would really like these children to have a wonderful experience being able to appreciate the differences between the two cultures.”
Families will be expected to provide breakfast, a packed lunch and an evening meal as well as a bed and will be paid �189.80.
You may also want to watch:
Around 30 students will arrive on Friday, July 9, staying until Thursday, July 22.
They will pay for their own transport and will study English at Oaklands College each morning, before taking part in planned activities each afternoon, before returning to their host families at around 5.30pm.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
Sarah, 39, from Wellington Drive, WGC, added: “We hope this is a chance for working parents to still be able to join in.
“It would be nice if the families had children of a similar age, but this is not essential.”
n Do you think you could be a host family?
Contact Mrs Saurigny on 01707 327238.