Welwyn Hatfield MP praises Garden City school following visit
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps said it was “wonderful” to see the progress made by a Welwyn Garden City secondary school.
Sir Frederic Osborn School welcomed the MP last Friday and showcased its progression since new headteacher Jed Whelan took the reins a year ago.
Mr Shapps said: “It was wonderful to see the progress Sir Frederic Osborn School is making, the positivity of the students, the impressive improvements and the determination of the staff to see pupils succeed.
“As local MP it is my job to support all the schools in Welwyn Hatfield to succeed, and it is hugely heartening to see this school flourishing.”
Mr Whelan said: “We were delighted to welcome Grant Shapps to our school and students enjoyed giving him a tour of the school, as well as learning more about his role as our local MP.
You may also want to watch:
“It is an exciting time for the school as we see our number of first choice pupils for September 2017 more than double.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog