Welwyn Garden City YMCA centre celebrates 21st year
YMCA Central Herts’ Peartree Lane Day Nursery celebrated its 21st birthday with a pirate themed party.
The day was packed with activities including a session by Dinky Dancers, balloon modelling, face painting, magic, bouncy castle and hand prints.
Police officers dropped in and brought along a police motorbike and car for the children to explore.
One mum at the party said: “There are so many activities and sessions to take part in.
“We really enjoyed the Dinky Dancers session, and have just taken part in the face painting and hand printing.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great way to get the local community involved in such a special occasion!”
When Peartree Lane Day Nursery first opened there were not many nurseries in local communities, so YMCA Central Herts was part of the innovation of developing all-day care to help families meet the needs of a busy family life.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 9 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
A lot has changed since then, however the YMCA continues to provide services such as ‘totally flexible days’ and free childcare for all three to four-year-olds.
Bruce Judge, director of child and family services, said: “We have seen so many children and families flourish during their time at the Peartree nursery and it’s amazing to see some of the children come back to visit us with stories of their wonderful nursery days.
“YMCA Central Herts will continue to serve the needs of the community and future generations by listening and responding to changing demands, whilst ensuring the caring, loving environment is always at the centre of what we deliver.”
Peartree Lane Day Nursery currently provides child care for over 100 children, offering a range of activities to help them learn and develop. For more information log on to www.ymcacentralherts.org.uk