Welwyn Garden City YMCA centre celebrates 21st year
YMCA Central Herts’ Peartree Lane Day Nursery celebrated its 21st birthday with a pirate themed party.
The day was packed with activities including a session by Dinky Dancers, balloon modelling, face painting, magic, bouncy castle and hand prints.
Police officers dropped in and brought along a police motorbike and car for the children to explore.
One mum at the party said: “There are so many activities and sessions to take part in.
“We really enjoyed the Dinky Dancers session, and have just taken part in the face painting and hand printing.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great way to get the local community involved in such a special occasion!”
When Peartree Lane Day Nursery first opened there were not many nurseries in local communities, so YMCA Central Herts was part of the innovation of developing all-day care to help families meet the needs of a busy family life.
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 5 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
- 8 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
A lot has changed since then, however the YMCA continues to provide services such as ‘totally flexible days’ and free childcare for all three to four-year-olds.
Bruce Judge, director of child and family services, said: “We have seen so many children and families flourish during their time at the Peartree nursery and it’s amazing to see some of the children come back to visit us with stories of their wonderful nursery days.
“YMCA Central Herts will continue to serve the needs of the community and future generations by listening and responding to changing demands, whilst ensuring the caring, loving environment is always at the centre of what we deliver.”
Peartree Lane Day Nursery currently provides child care for over 100 children, offering a range of activities to help them learn and develop. For more information log on to www.ymcacentralherts.org.uk