Welwyn Garden City YMCA centre celebrates 21st year
YMCA Central Herts’ Peartree Lane Day Nursery celebrated its 21st birthday with a pirate themed party.
The day was packed with activities including a session by Dinky Dancers, balloon modelling, face painting, magic, bouncy castle and hand prints.
Police officers dropped in and brought along a police motorbike and car for the children to explore.
One mum at the party said: “There are so many activities and sessions to take part in.
“We really enjoyed the Dinky Dancers session, and have just taken part in the face painting and hand printing.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great way to get the local community involved in such a special occasion!”
When Peartree Lane Day Nursery first opened there were not many nurseries in local communities, so YMCA Central Herts was part of the innovation of developing all-day care to help families meet the needs of a busy family life.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
A lot has changed since then, however the YMCA continues to provide services such as ‘totally flexible days’ and free childcare for all three to four-year-olds.
Bruce Judge, director of child and family services, said: “We have seen so many children and families flourish during their time at the Peartree nursery and it’s amazing to see some of the children come back to visit us with stories of their wonderful nursery days.
“YMCA Central Herts will continue to serve the needs of the community and future generations by listening and responding to changing demands, whilst ensuring the caring, loving environment is always at the centre of what we deliver.”
Peartree Lane Day Nursery currently provides child care for over 100 children, offering a range of activities to help them learn and develop. For more information log on to www.ymcacentralherts.org.uk