Welwyn Garden City teen hopes to save lives following A-level results day
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City teenager is hoping his outstanding A-level results will help him achieve his dream of saving and improving the lives of people who suffer from genetic disorders.
Scott Wilson, 18, picked up his results this morning to be greeted with an A* in physics, an A* in biology, and an A in maths.
The youngster will be going to University College London (UCL) to study the biology and chemistry.
The Stanborough pupil is particularly interested in biology and hopes to one day work in genetics.
Scott told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “I’d love to do my bit to change the world and work on genetics in the hope that I can help people who have genetic diseases.
You may also want to watch:
“I often read and hear about people who suffer so it would mean a lot to me if I could help people like that and change their lives for the better.”
Scott added: “I’m now looking forward to university and the experience of going.”
• For more A-level results day news, visit our Education section at www.whtimes.co.uk/news/education
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 7 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog