Welwyn Garden City schoolchildren pedal for the planet
ECO-CONCIOUS kids in Welwyn Garden City cycled and scooted to school to help save the planet.
Springmead Primary School marked the Sustrans Big Pedal event in impressive style last week.
Hundreds of children at the school, in Hillyfields, WGC, pedalled their way to school.
Teacher Helen Payne, who coordinated the event, told the WHT: “It was fabulous – we had 130 children cycling, and 120 children scooting.
“I was a hugely successful day and children came dressed in green to care for the planet.
You may also want to watch:
“Lots of children have asked me since if they can cycle every day.”
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 10 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'