Welwyn Garden City schoolchildren pedal for the planet
ECO-CONCIOUS kids in Welwyn Garden City cycled and scooted to school to help save the planet.
Springmead Primary School marked the Sustrans Big Pedal event in impressive style last week.
Hundreds of children at the school, in Hillyfields, WGC, pedalled their way to school.
Teacher Helen Payne, who coordinated the event, told the WHT: “It was fabulous – we had 130 children cycling, and 120 children scooting.
“I was a hugely successful day and children came dressed in green to care for the planet.
You may also want to watch:
“Lots of children have asked me since if they can cycle every day.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston