Welwyn Garden City schoolchildren enjoy watching ducks hatch
CHILDREN at a WGC school stared in amazement as two duck eggs hatched before their very eyes.
Pupils at Rowans Primary School, in Rowans, watched in wonder as the pair of Indian Runners emerged from their shells and took their first steps in their brave new world.
Deputy headteacher Helen Ackerman said: “The children loved watching them hatch.
“It was an experience of awe and wonder for them.”
A total of six eggs – four of which hatched during the night – were given to the school by a firm called A J Poultry in Letchworth.
You may also want to watch:
The ducks have since been presented to Vanstone Park Garden Centre, in Hitchin Road, Codicote, where they will replace the Indian Runners which were sadly run over by a customer.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 3 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed