Welwyn Garden City schoolchildren enjoy watching ducks hatch
CHILDREN at a WGC school stared in amazement as two duck eggs hatched before their very eyes.
Pupils at Rowans Primary School, in Rowans, watched in wonder as the pair of Indian Runners emerged from their shells and took their first steps in their brave new world.
Deputy headteacher Helen Ackerman said: “The children loved watching them hatch.
“It was an experience of awe and wonder for them.”
A total of six eggs – four of which hatched during the night – were given to the school by a firm called A J Poultry in Letchworth.
You may also want to watch:
The ducks have since been presented to Vanstone Park Garden Centre, in Hitchin Road, Codicote, where they will replace the Indian Runners which were sadly run over by a customer.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie