Welwyn Garden City schoolchildren enjoy watching ducks hatch
CHILDREN at a WGC school stared in amazement as two duck eggs hatched before their very eyes.
Pupils at Rowans Primary School, in Rowans, watched in wonder as the pair of Indian Runners emerged from their shells and took their first steps in their brave new world.
Deputy headteacher Helen Ackerman said: “The children loved watching them hatch.
“It was an experience of awe and wonder for them.”
A total of six eggs – four of which hatched during the night – were given to the school by a firm called A J Poultry in Letchworth.
You may also want to watch:
The ducks have since been presented to Vanstone Park Garden Centre, in Hitchin Road, Codicote, where they will replace the Indian Runners which were sadly run over by a customer.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston