Welwyn Garden City school’s own ‘Olympics’
WITH the London 2012 Olympics fast approaching one WGC school held its own Games-style day and even had a torch relay.
A specially-designed torch was paraded around from Gosling Sports Park to Stanborough School by pupils of the school’s six houses.
The torch was finally presented to headteacher Peter Brown, at 9am on July 10, when the mammoth two-day games began.
Sporting events included table tennis, tennis, rounders, football, and athletics.
After all the scores were totted up Sopwell was the winning house and pupils at the Lemsford Lane school sang the national anthem as the games were brought to a close.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant headteacher Barbara King said it was: “A truly great event that will be remembered by all students for a very long time to come.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park