Welwyn Garden City school’s Ofsted report delayed by ‘technical error’
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City primary school’s Ofsted report has been delayed because of a “technical error”.
Inspectors had visited Springmead on February 27 to complete a two-day full inspection, and on February 28 the school announced that headteacher Jennifer Moles had resigned due to “unexpected personal circumstances”.
The report was due to be published within 25 working days of the assessment, but an Ofsted spokeswoman said a technical error had meant it would now be released in mid-May.
She said: “Ofsted carries out nearly 25,000 education inspections a year. On the rare occasion, a small number of inspection reports may take longer than the usual time frame to be published.
“In relation to this school, there was a technical error with the automated process in sending the inspection report to the school for factual accuracy checks.
“The report was further delayed because of the school Easter holidays as we do not send inspection reports to schools during this period.
You may also want to watch:
“The report has been sent to the school and going through routine quality assurance checks. We plan to publish the report in mid-May.”
In the 15 months to December 2016, 18 teachers either left or handed in their notice, compared to 19 in the previous five years combined, and in June last year the entire board of governors resigned.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day