Welwyn Garden City school’s Ofsted report delayed by ‘technical error’
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City primary school’s Ofsted report has been delayed because of a “technical error”.
Inspectors had visited Springmead on February 27 to complete a two-day full inspection, and on February 28 the school announced that headteacher Jennifer Moles had resigned due to “unexpected personal circumstances”.
The report was due to be published within 25 working days of the assessment, but an Ofsted spokeswoman said a technical error had meant it would now be released in mid-May.
She said: “Ofsted carries out nearly 25,000 education inspections a year. On the rare occasion, a small number of inspection reports may take longer than the usual time frame to be published.
“In relation to this school, there was a technical error with the automated process in sending the inspection report to the school for factual accuracy checks.
“The report was further delayed because of the school Easter holidays as we do not send inspection reports to schools during this period.
You may also want to watch:
“The report has been sent to the school and going through routine quality assurance checks. We plan to publish the report in mid-May.”
In the 15 months to December 2016, 18 teachers either left or handed in their notice, compared to 19 in the previous five years combined, and in June last year the entire board of governors resigned.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston