Welwyn Garden City school ‘honoured’ to receive national recognition
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City primary school staff were honoured to write an article for the Parliamentary Review, a publication celebrating the achievements of the education sector.
The review, published annually, contains a selection of case studies from a variety of schools which have drastically improved the education and wellbeing of pupils in a short space of time.
Commonswood Primary and Nursery School staff wrote a piece for the publication and were also invited to a gala evening, held for the professionals featured in the document.
Commonswood headteacher Gill Seymour said: “It has been a huge honour that our school has received national recognition as we work in a town full of good and outstanding schools.
“The review will support the government in recognising the challenges and successes for schools in an ever-shifting climate of change.”
You may also want to watch:
At the gala, Nick Clegg thanked those who had gone beyond their working hours to improve outcomes.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 10 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat