School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- Credit: Stanborough School
A Welwyn Garden City school has gathered approximately 500 textbooks to help underprivileged children and young adults in Kenya.
Stanborough School is working with charity 'Just be a Child', which supports Kenyan children through various projects, including building playgrounds and transforming shipping containers into libraries, where donated textbooks can be a great help.
Gemini Shah, the school's senior science technician, gathered textbooks ranging from Year 7 to A-level, with the bulk coming from GCSE level. Revision books from each examination board were used to provide the maximum amount of resources.
Headteacher Merry John said: "We are very pleased to be supporting this very worthwhile cause.
"It is fantastic to see how curriculum resources and textbooks can make such a big difference to communities and children in Kenya.
You may also want to watch:
"We hope to continue to link with Just be a Child in the future."
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 9 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone