School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- Credit: Stanborough School
A Welwyn Garden City school has gathered approximately 500 textbooks to help underprivileged children and young adults in Kenya.
Stanborough School is working with charity 'Just be a Child', which supports Kenyan children through various projects, including building playgrounds and transforming shipping containers into libraries, where donated textbooks can be a great help.
Gemini Shah, the school's senior science technician, gathered textbooks ranging from Year 7 to A-level, with the bulk coming from GCSE level. Revision books from each examination board were used to provide the maximum amount of resources.
Headteacher Merry John said: "We are very pleased to be supporting this very worthwhile cause.
"It is fantastic to see how curriculum resources and textbooks can make such a big difference to communities and children in Kenya.
You may also want to watch:
"We hope to continue to link with Just be a Child in the future."
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 5 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 6 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 7 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 8 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 9 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images