Welwyn Garden City restaurant treated to choir performance
DINERS at a popular Times Territory restaurant were treated to a festive carol concert, courtesy of students from a WGC school.
Pupils from the Rowans Primary School choir were invited to The Stanborough Beefeater Grill in Stanborough Road, WGC, to perform a selection of Christmas favourites old and new.
Customers, including a number of parents who had come to see their children perform, enjoyed a spot of lunch while the year five and six pupils sang a series of yuletide hits.
After their performance, students and teachers were treated to a free lunch by Stanborough staff.
Phillip Wilkinson, general manager of The Stanborough, said: “We thought it would be a nice Christmas touch.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a few regular guests on the day having their usual Christmas lunch, and we thought they would appreciate the students singing a few carols for them.
“We then gave the students and teachers a free lunch to show our appreciation.”
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
Deputy headteacher Helen Ackerman said: “It’s a lovely thing to be invited to.
“These are some of the songs we have been rehearsing for our own carol concert, and we’re more than delighted to share our choir with Stanborough customers.
“We have some very talented singers.”