Welwyn Garden City restaurant treated to choir performance
DINERS at a popular Times Territory restaurant were treated to a festive carol concert, courtesy of students from a WGC school.
Pupils from the Rowans Primary School choir were invited to The Stanborough Beefeater Grill in Stanborough Road, WGC, to perform a selection of Christmas favourites old and new.
Customers, including a number of parents who had come to see their children perform, enjoyed a spot of lunch while the year five and six pupils sang a series of yuletide hits.
After their performance, students and teachers were treated to a free lunch by Stanborough staff.
Phillip Wilkinson, general manager of The Stanborough, said: “We thought it would be a nice Christmas touch.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a few regular guests on the day having their usual Christmas lunch, and we thought they would appreciate the students singing a few carols for them.
“We then gave the students and teachers a free lunch to show our appreciation.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
Deputy headteacher Helen Ackerman said: “It’s a lovely thing to be invited to.
“These are some of the songs we have been rehearsing for our own carol concert, and we’re more than delighted to share our choir with Stanborough customers.
“We have some very talented singers.”