Welwyn Garden City restaurant treated to choir performance
DINERS at a popular Times Territory restaurant were treated to a festive carol concert, courtesy of students from a WGC school.
Pupils from the Rowans Primary School choir were invited to The Stanborough Beefeater Grill in Stanborough Road, WGC, to perform a selection of Christmas favourites old and new.
Customers, including a number of parents who had come to see their children perform, enjoyed a spot of lunch while the year five and six pupils sang a series of yuletide hits.
After their performance, students and teachers were treated to a free lunch by Stanborough staff.
Phillip Wilkinson, general manager of The Stanborough, said: “We thought it would be a nice Christmas touch.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a few regular guests on the day having their usual Christmas lunch, and we thought they would appreciate the students singing a few carols for them.
“We then gave the students and teachers a free lunch to show our appreciation.”
- 1 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 2 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 3 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 4 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 8 New lease of life for shop in historic Old Hatfield
- 9 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 10 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
Deputy headteacher Helen Ackerman said: “It’s a lovely thing to be invited to.
“These are some of the songs we have been rehearsing for our own carol concert, and we’re more than delighted to share our choir with Stanborough customers.
“We have some very talented singers.”