Welwyn Garden City restaurant treated to choir performance
DINERS at a popular Times Territory restaurant were treated to a festive carol concert, courtesy of students from a WGC school.
Pupils from the Rowans Primary School choir were invited to The Stanborough Beefeater Grill in Stanborough Road, WGC, to perform a selection of Christmas favourites old and new.
Customers, including a number of parents who had come to see their children perform, enjoyed a spot of lunch while the year five and six pupils sang a series of yuletide hits.
After their performance, students and teachers were treated to a free lunch by Stanborough staff.
Phillip Wilkinson, general manager of The Stanborough, said: “We thought it would be a nice Christmas touch.
“We had a few regular guests on the day having their usual Christmas lunch, and we thought they would appreciate the students singing a few carols for them.
“We then gave the students and teachers a free lunch to show our appreciation.”
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 8 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
Deputy headteacher Helen Ackerman said: “It’s a lovely thing to be invited to.
“These are some of the songs we have been rehearsing for our own carol concert, and we’re more than delighted to share our choir with Stanborough customers.
“We have some very talented singers.”