Welwyn Garden City pre-school pupils celebrate Big Yellow Friday
- Credit: Archant
There was a sea of yellow at a Welwyn Garden City nursery on Wednesday, when children and staff raised money for the Children’s Liver Disease Foundation.
Tots at the Barn Pre-School, in Handside Lane, dressed up and made yellow crafts for Big Yellow Friday (BYF), which takes place on the first Friday of March.
They also decorated cakes and biscuits in the same colour and fund-raised over the whole week.
“We raised £125, which was fantastic,” said pre-school manager Janet Beverley.
Amy Harrison, whose son Daniel, four, attends the nursery and suffers from Alagille Syndrome, which BYF raises funds for, was “amazed” by how much money was raised for the cause.
The Newfields, WGC, resident said: “Just to know that so many people are willing to help us is nice to know.”
She added she was “very proud” of her older children, Alice Gepp, who raised £36 after holding a bake sale, and Tom Gepp, who featured in last week’s WHT and who dressed up as a banana every day for school last week.
- 1 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 2 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 5 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 6 Hertfordshire County Council will fund free summer activity camps for children in the Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 8 Vehicle caught fire on M25
- 9 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 10 Officers to tackle Potters Bar Nitrous Oxide sales as part of policing priorities
“I am very proud of them both,”she said. Of Tom’s efforts, she added: “He broke his target and raised more than he did the last two years put together.
“I’m now concerned what he will do next year. It is worrying what he has got up his little banana sleeve.
“He did mention sky diving...”
To find out more about Big Yellow Friday, visit www.bigyellowfriday.org