Welwyn Garden City pre-school pupils celebrate Big Yellow Friday
- Credit: Archant
There was a sea of yellow at a Welwyn Garden City nursery on Wednesday, when children and staff raised money for the Children’s Liver Disease Foundation.
Tots at the Barn Pre-School, in Handside Lane, dressed up and made yellow crafts for Big Yellow Friday (BYF), which takes place on the first Friday of March.
They also decorated cakes and biscuits in the same colour and fund-raised over the whole week.
“We raised £125, which was fantastic,” said pre-school manager Janet Beverley.
Amy Harrison, whose son Daniel, four, attends the nursery and suffers from Alagille Syndrome, which BYF raises funds for, was “amazed” by how much money was raised for the cause.
You may also want to watch:
The Newfields, WGC, resident said: “Just to know that so many people are willing to help us is nice to know.”
She added she was “very proud” of her older children, Alice Gepp, who raised £36 after holding a bake sale, and Tom Gepp, who featured in last week’s WHT and who dressed up as a banana every day for school last week.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 3 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 4 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
“I am very proud of them both,”she said. Of Tom’s efforts, she added: “He broke his target and raised more than he did the last two years put together.
“I’m now concerned what he will do next year. It is worrying what he has got up his little banana sleeve.
“He did mention sky diving...”
To find out more about Big Yellow Friday, visit www.bigyellowfriday.org