Welwyn Garden City pre-school pupils celebrate Big Yellow Friday
- Credit: Archant
There was a sea of yellow at a Welwyn Garden City nursery on Wednesday, when children and staff raised money for the Children’s Liver Disease Foundation.
Tots at the Barn Pre-School, in Handside Lane, dressed up and made yellow crafts for Big Yellow Friday (BYF), which takes place on the first Friday of March.
They also decorated cakes and biscuits in the same colour and fund-raised over the whole week.
“We raised £125, which was fantastic,” said pre-school manager Janet Beverley.
Amy Harrison, whose son Daniel, four, attends the nursery and suffers from Alagille Syndrome, which BYF raises funds for, was “amazed” by how much money was raised for the cause.
You may also want to watch:
The Newfields, WGC, resident said: “Just to know that so many people are willing to help us is nice to know.”
She added she was “very proud” of her older children, Alice Gepp, who raised £36 after holding a bake sale, and Tom Gepp, who featured in last week’s WHT and who dressed up as a banana every day for school last week.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Captain Tom inspires little Zach to raise money for the NHS
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
“I am very proud of them both,”she said. Of Tom’s efforts, she added: “He broke his target and raised more than he did the last two years put together.
“I’m now concerned what he will do next year. It is worrying what he has got up his little banana sleeve.
“He did mention sky diving...”
To find out more about Big Yellow Friday, visit www.bigyellowfriday.org