Welwyn Garden City pre-school pupils celebrate Big Yellow Friday
- Credit: Archant
There was a sea of yellow at a Welwyn Garden City nursery on Wednesday, when children and staff raised money for the Children’s Liver Disease Foundation.
Tots at the Barn Pre-School, in Handside Lane, dressed up and made yellow crafts for Big Yellow Friday (BYF), which takes place on the first Friday of March.
They also decorated cakes and biscuits in the same colour and fund-raised over the whole week.
“We raised £125, which was fantastic,” said pre-school manager Janet Beverley.
Amy Harrison, whose son Daniel, four, attends the nursery and suffers from Alagille Syndrome, which BYF raises funds for, was “amazed” by how much money was raised for the cause.
You may also want to watch:
The Newfields, WGC, resident said: “Just to know that so many people are willing to help us is nice to know.”
She added she was “very proud” of her older children, Alice Gepp, who raised £36 after holding a bake sale, and Tom Gepp, who featured in last week’s WHT and who dressed up as a banana every day for school last week.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 6 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 7 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 8 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 9 CCTV appeal after safe containing cash and watches stolen
- 10 Eight vehicles seized after police operation to crack down on crime
“I am very proud of them both,”she said. Of Tom’s efforts, she added: “He broke his target and raised more than he did the last two years put together.
“I’m now concerned what he will do next year. It is worrying what he has got up his little banana sleeve.
“He did mention sky diving...”
To find out more about Big Yellow Friday, visit www.bigyellowfriday.org