Welwyn Garden City pre-school named best in the country
A PRE-SCHOOL in Welwyn Garden City, which has been open just over 18 months, has been named as the best in the country at a prestigious awards night.
Attimore Barn Pre-School took home the accolade of Pre-School of the Year at the Nursery World Awards.
The honour, which is judged 22 experts and industry professionals, was handed over to the Welwyn Garden City team by TV celeb Gaby Roslin in front of 500 guests at the Lancaster Hotel, London.
The pre-school, based in Ridgeway and co-owned by Claire Mason and Tina Covill, saw off competition from 20 others to win the prize.
Claire said: “To win this coveted industry award and be named Pre-School of the Year is such an amazing achievement for our team.
You may also want to watch:
“We have worked extremely hard to make a real difference in children’s lives and to offer parents quality, affordable childcare, and this award is testament to all our hard work and efforts.
“The team tirelessly support the 70 children in our care and work in close partnership with their families.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 3 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
“It is a rewarding vocation in itself, but to be singled out as Pre-School of the Year, really is the icing on the cake.”