Welwyn Garden City pre-school named best in the country
A PRE-SCHOOL in Welwyn Garden City, which has been open just over 18 months, has been named as the best in the country at a prestigious awards night.
Attimore Barn Pre-School took home the accolade of Pre-School of the Year at the Nursery World Awards.
The honour, which is judged 22 experts and industry professionals, was handed over to the Welwyn Garden City team by TV celeb Gaby Roslin in front of 500 guests at the Lancaster Hotel, London.
The pre-school, based in Ridgeway and co-owned by Claire Mason and Tina Covill, saw off competition from 20 others to win the prize.
Claire said: “To win this coveted industry award and be named Pre-School of the Year is such an amazing achievement for our team.
You may also want to watch:
“We have worked extremely hard to make a real difference in children’s lives and to offer parents quality, affordable childcare, and this award is testament to all our hard work and efforts.
“The team tirelessly support the 70 children in our care and work in close partnership with their families.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
“It is a rewarding vocation in itself, but to be singled out as Pre-School of the Year, really is the icing on the cake.”