Welwyn Garden City pre-school named best in the country
A PRE-SCHOOL in Welwyn Garden City, which has been open just over 18 months, has been named as the best in the country at a prestigious awards night.
Attimore Barn Pre-School took home the accolade of Pre-School of the Year at the Nursery World Awards.
The honour, which is judged 22 experts and industry professionals, was handed over to the Welwyn Garden City team by TV celeb Gaby Roslin in front of 500 guests at the Lancaster Hotel, London.
The pre-school, based in Ridgeway and co-owned by Claire Mason and Tina Covill, saw off competition from 20 others to win the prize.
Claire said: “To win this coveted industry award and be named Pre-School of the Year is such an amazing achievement for our team.
You may also want to watch:
“We have worked extremely hard to make a real difference in children’s lives and to offer parents quality, affordable childcare, and this award is testament to all our hard work and efforts.
“The team tirelessly support the 70 children in our care and work in close partnership with their families.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
“It is a rewarding vocation in itself, but to be singled out as Pre-School of the Year, really is the icing on the cake.”