Welwyn Garden City nursery scoops another ‘outstanding’ Ofsted report
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City nursery has said it is delighted after being graded ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted for the fourth time in 10 years.
Ludwick Nursery School in Holwell Road was given another glowing review, with inspectors lauding the “outstanding quality of education”.
The report, published last month following an inspection in June, also found staff morale was high, with one member claiming “it is a privilege to work at Ludwick”.
Writing to headteacher Karen James, inspectors reported: “The leadership team has maintained the outstanding quality of education in the school since the last inspection.
“Your passion for providing outstanding education for the children of Ludwick Nursery is infectious; you enthuse governors and staff.
“After three successive outstanding inspection judgements, the drive and ambition to improve shared by you, staff and governors remains as strong as ever.”
The school was also praised for its “harmonious” atmosphere, with children making excellent progress in part due to a stimulating curriculum.
- 1 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 2 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 5 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 6 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 7 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 8 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 9 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 10 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
Another celebrated area was Ludwick’s partnership with parents, with many saying their views are often sought and their children’s behaviour at home had improved because of advice provided by staff.
Inspectors added: “Teamwork among staff is at the heart of Ludwick‟s success. Staff share ideas and expertise, to the benefit of all.
“The quality of teaching is highly effective because of consistently high expectations among staff. Staff are very adept at tuning into children’s thinking to further develop their understanding.
“The nursery continues to flourish because you are so effective in analysing where improvements can be made, and always mindful of ensuring that children thrive.
“You recognised that the personal, social and emotional development of boys and some vulnerable children was weaker than that of other children. With children, staff and parents you identified values‟ to rectify this.”
Headteacher Karen James told the WHT she was “delighted” with yet another positive report.
“It is a glowing tribute to the dedication of staff and Governors that children and their families flourish at Ludwick Nursery School,” she added. “I am very proud of all we have achieved together.”
The nursery is also a nationally designated Teaching School.