Welwyn Garden City junior school to expand
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City primary school is set to expand as county bosses look at the future of education in the borough.
Holwell Primary School, Holwell Road, will permanently increase its intake from one form of 30 pupils to two per year, from September 2015.
A governors’ spokeswoman said: “This is an exciting opportunity to secure the future of Holwell School.”
County councillors agreed the proposals last week.
A seven week public consultation started on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Hayward, council cabinet member, said: “Our priority is to ensure that there is a school place for every child that wants one.”
“We look forward to working with the local authority in building capacity for the community.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party