Welwyn Garden City junior school to expand
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City primary school is set to expand as county bosses look at the future of education in the borough.
Holwell Primary School, Holwell Road, will permanently increase its intake from one form of 30 pupils to two per year, from September 2015.
A governors’ spokeswoman said: “This is an exciting opportunity to secure the future of Holwell School.”
County councillors agreed the proposals last week.
A seven week public consultation started on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Hayward, council cabinet member, said: “Our priority is to ensure that there is a school place for every child that wants one.”
“We look forward to working with the local authority in building capacity for the community.”
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 8 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
- 9 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 10 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats