Welwyn Garden City headteacher leaves
A HEADTEACHER who has led a school for nearly eight years, is moving to pastures new.
Philip Bunn left Monk’s Walk School in WGC on Friday, as the children broke for the Easter holidays.
He ended his time at the Knightsfield school as he begun, in front of the school parliament.
Back during the interview process he, as one of many candidates, was grilled by the students in front of most of staff, a process he described as terrifying, especially when asked who was more important to a school, the students or the teachers.
On Friday, he was in front of the school parliament to introduce MP Grant Shapps, who was equally grilled by students proposing the motion that: ‘This parliament believes the Coalition Government is bad for the nation.’
You may also want to watch:
Mr Shapps, debated with the students, urging them to vote against the “rotten” motion.
Mr Bunn is taking on a headship in Devon. He will be replaced in September by Kate Smith, who is currently head of secondary school effectiveness for the county council, having previously taught in Bedford.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
Deputy head Geraint Edwards will lead the school through the summer term.