Welwyn Garden City headteacher leaves
A HEADTEACHER who has led a school for nearly eight years, is moving to pastures new.
Philip Bunn left Monk’s Walk School in WGC on Friday, as the children broke for the Easter holidays.
He ended his time at the Knightsfield school as he begun, in front of the school parliament.
Back during the interview process he, as one of many candidates, was grilled by the students in front of most of staff, a process he described as terrifying, especially when asked who was more important to a school, the students or the teachers.
On Friday, he was in front of the school parliament to introduce MP Grant Shapps, who was equally grilled by students proposing the motion that: ‘This parliament believes the Coalition Government is bad for the nation.’
You may also want to watch:
Mr Shapps, debated with the students, urging them to vote against the “rotten” motion.
Mr Bunn is taking on a headship in Devon. He will be replaced in September by Kate Smith, who is currently head of secondary school effectiveness for the county council, having previously taught in Bedford.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 3 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 4 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 5 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Deputy head Geraint Edwards will lead the school through the summer term.