Welwyn Garden City headteacher leaves
A HEADTEACHER who has led a school for nearly eight years, is moving to pastures new.
Philip Bunn left Monk’s Walk School in WGC on Friday, as the children broke for the Easter holidays.
He ended his time at the Knightsfield school as he begun, in front of the school parliament.
Back during the interview process he, as one of many candidates, was grilled by the students in front of most of staff, a process he described as terrifying, especially when asked who was more important to a school, the students or the teachers.
On Friday, he was in front of the school parliament to introduce MP Grant Shapps, who was equally grilled by students proposing the motion that: ‘This parliament believes the Coalition Government is bad for the nation.’
You may also want to watch:
Mr Shapps, debated with the students, urging them to vote against the “rotten” motion.
Mr Bunn is taking on a headship in Devon. He will be replaced in September by Kate Smith, who is currently head of secondary school effectiveness for the county council, having previously taught in Bedford.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
Deputy head Geraint Edwards will lead the school through the summer term.