Welwyn Garden City headteacher leaves
A HEADTEACHER who has led a school for nearly eight years, is moving to pastures new.
Philip Bunn left Monk’s Walk School in WGC on Friday, as the children broke for the Easter holidays.
He ended his time at the Knightsfield school as he begun, in front of the school parliament.
Back during the interview process he, as one of many candidates, was grilled by the students in front of most of staff, a process he described as terrifying, especially when asked who was more important to a school, the students or the teachers.
On Friday, he was in front of the school parliament to introduce MP Grant Shapps, who was equally grilled by students proposing the motion that: ‘This parliament believes the Coalition Government is bad for the nation.’
You may also want to watch:
Mr Shapps, debated with the students, urging them to vote against the “rotten” motion.
Mr Bunn is taking on a headship in Devon. He will be replaced in September by Kate Smith, who is currently head of secondary school effectiveness for the county council, having previously taught in Bedford.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield's links to new Disney+ series WandaVision
Deputy head Geraint Edwards will lead the school through the summer term.