Welwyn Garden City disco to help school dance team
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City school is inviting its community to a disco tonight to help its dance team take part in a national final.
A team from Swallow Dell Primary School won the regional heat of the Global Rock competition in Stevenage in February, but need funds to join the final in Portsmouth on April 26.
They choreographed their own dance on a theme of refugees leaving a war-torn country and seeking safety by boat.
Headteacher Claire Hollingsworth said: “To take such a grown-up story and make it accessible was amazing. I am so proud of them.”
The full team, including stage crew, is 45, aged between eight and 11.
You may also want to watch:
The school hopes to improve the performance with costumes and set design, but also needs money to pay for transport and accommodation.
Parents plan several other fund-raising events as well as tonight’s disco at Our Lady’s Family Centre, Woodhall Lane.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk