Welwyn Garden City disco to help school dance team
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City school is inviting its community to a disco tonight to help its dance team take part in a national final.
A team from Swallow Dell Primary School won the regional heat of the Global Rock competition in Stevenage in February, but need funds to join the final in Portsmouth on April 26.
They choreographed their own dance on a theme of refugees leaving a war-torn country and seeking safety by boat.
Headteacher Claire Hollingsworth said: “To take such a grown-up story and make it accessible was amazing. I am so proud of them.”
The full team, including stage crew, is 45, aged between eight and 11.
You may also want to watch:
The school hopes to improve the performance with costumes and set design, but also needs money to pay for transport and accommodation.
Parents plan several other fund-raising events as well as tonight’s disco at Our Lady’s Family Centre, Woodhall Lane.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 8 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 9 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man