Welwyn Garden City disco to help school dance team
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City school is inviting its community to a disco tonight to help its dance team take part in a national final.
A team from Swallow Dell Primary School won the regional heat of the Global Rock competition in Stevenage in February, but need funds to join the final in Portsmouth on April 26.
They choreographed their own dance on a theme of refugees leaving a war-torn country and seeking safety by boat.
Headteacher Claire Hollingsworth said: “To take such a grown-up story and make it accessible was amazing. I am so proud of them.”
The full team, including stage crew, is 45, aged between eight and 11.
You may also want to watch:
The school hopes to improve the performance with costumes and set design, but also needs money to pay for transport and accommodation.
Parents plan several other fund-raising events as well as tonight’s disco at Our Lady’s Family Centre, Woodhall Lane.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 8 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas