Welwyn Garden City disco to help school dance team
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City school is inviting its community to a disco tonight to help its dance team take part in a national final.
A team from Swallow Dell Primary School won the regional heat of the Global Rock competition in Stevenage in February, but need funds to join the final in Portsmouth on April 26.
They choreographed their own dance on a theme of refugees leaving a war-torn country and seeking safety by boat.
Headteacher Claire Hollingsworth said: “To take such a grown-up story and make it accessible was amazing. I am so proud of them.”
The full team, including stage crew, is 45, aged between eight and 11.
You may also want to watch:
The school hopes to improve the performance with costumes and set design, but also needs money to pay for transport and accommodation.
Parents plan several other fund-raising events as well as tonight’s disco at Our Lady’s Family Centre, Woodhall Lane.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 6 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled