Welwyn Garden City school closed due to flood
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City school is closed today due to a “large water leak”.
Swallow Dell Primary School in Blackthorn Road is closed after a water pipe in the school’s kitchen burst and flooded the building over night.
The water had started to flood the main school building this morning.
Due to the water supply being switched off the toilets are unable to flush and meals can not be served to the children.
A notification was sent out through the Herts County Council messaging service.
You may also want to watch:
It reads: “School will be closed today following a large water leak.
“Please check all the usual systems for updating parents - website, text, Facebook.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
“Thankyou in advance for your patience.”
Deputy head Mrs Ginger told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Work is underway to fix the issue and we are highly hopeful that the school will be open as usual tomorrow.”