Welwyn Garden City school closed due to flood
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City school is closed today due to a “large water leak”.
Swallow Dell Primary School in Blackthorn Road is closed after a water pipe in the school’s kitchen burst and flooded the building over night.
The water had started to flood the main school building this morning.
Due to the water supply being switched off the toilets are unable to flush and meals can not be served to the children.
A notification was sent out through the Herts County Council messaging service.
You may also want to watch:
It reads: “School will be closed today following a large water leak.
“Please check all the usual systems for updating parents - website, text, Facebook.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
“Thankyou in advance for your patience.”
Deputy head Mrs Ginger told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Work is underway to fix the issue and we are highly hopeful that the school will be open as usual tomorrow.”