Welwyn Garden City school closed due to flood
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City school is closed today due to a “large water leak”.
Swallow Dell Primary School in Blackthorn Road is closed after a water pipe in the school’s kitchen burst and flooded the building over night.
The water had started to flood the main school building this morning.
Due to the water supply being switched off the toilets are unable to flush and meals can not be served to the children.
A notification was sent out through the Herts County Council messaging service.
You may also want to watch:
It reads: “School will be closed today following a large water leak.
“Please check all the usual systems for updating parents - website, text, Facebook.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
“Thankyou in advance for your patience.”
Deputy head Mrs Ginger told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Work is underway to fix the issue and we are highly hopeful that the school will be open as usual tomorrow.”