Welwyn Garden City school closed due to flood
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City school is closed today due to a “large water leak”.
Swallow Dell Primary School in Blackthorn Road is closed after a water pipe in the school’s kitchen burst and flooded the building over night.
The water had started to flood the main school building this morning.
Due to the water supply being switched off the toilets are unable to flush and meals can not be served to the children.
A notification was sent out through the Herts County Council messaging service.
You may also want to watch:
It reads: “School will be closed today following a large water leak.
“Please check all the usual systems for updating parents - website, text, Facebook.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 8 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
“Thankyou in advance for your patience.”
Deputy head Mrs Ginger told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Work is underway to fix the issue and we are highly hopeful that the school will be open as usual tomorrow.”