Welwyn Garden City school closed due to flood
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City school is closed today due to a “large water leak”.
Swallow Dell Primary School in Blackthorn Road is closed after a water pipe in the school’s kitchen burst and flooded the building over night.
The water had started to flood the main school building this morning.
Due to the water supply being switched off the toilets are unable to flush and meals can not be served to the children.
A notification was sent out through the Herts County Council messaging service.
It reads: “School will be closed today following a large water leak.
“Please check all the usual systems for updating parents - website, text, Facebook.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 4 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 5 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Cuffley home care company recognised among best in east of England
- 9 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 10 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
“Thankyou in advance for your patience.”
Deputy head Mrs Ginger told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Work is underway to fix the issue and we are highly hopeful that the school will be open as usual tomorrow.”