Welwyn Garden City school returns to the 80s for annual Christmas charity video
- Credit: YouTube
Stanborough School have done it again with their annual charity Christmas staff video in aid of Young Minds.
Featuring a timeless love story, interpretative dance, and impressive lip syncing, the festive video of George Michael’s classic “Last Christmas” has already elicited comments such as “omg” on its YouTube page.
Conceived, written and directed by James Atkins, Lilly O’Keefe, Alice Tello, and Stephanie Conder, it features a record ensemble cast of 62 staff members.
The video’s premiere in the school hall on December 15 raised £109.60 for the youth mental health charity.
Co-director James, of 13S, said: “We came to the decision that having a narrative would be the best way to do this and that’s when the lightbulb moment happened.
You may also want to watch:
“What better way to cover a song from the 80s than a cheesy love story?
“The video follows a very important love letter around the school as it makes its way from department to department.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
“However the question is, will it make it to the person it’s intended for?”
Donations can be made on the project’s JustGiving page at https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/stanchristmasvid