Vampire conference to be staged at University of Hertfordshire
FOR centuries, humans have told tales of vampires.
And now, to mark the launch of a new degree in vampire fiction, the University of Hertfordshire is staging the UK’s first vampire conference this weekend.
The two-day event, entitled Open Graves, Open Minds: Vampires and the Undead in Modern Culture will feature a number of discussion topics, including Dracula Lives, Undead Victorians and The Gay Undead.
The event takes place at the Hatfield-based uni’s de Havilland campus on Friday and Saturday.
To reserve a place, email Dr George at email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story, see this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out now
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 9 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 10 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest