Vampire conference to be staged at University of Hertfordshire
FOR centuries, humans have told tales of vampires.
And now, to mark the launch of a new degree in vampire fiction, the University of Hertfordshire is staging the UK’s first vampire conference this weekend.
The two-day event, entitled Open Graves, Open Minds: Vampires and the Undead in Modern Culture will feature a number of discussion topics, including Dracula Lives, Undead Victorians and The Gay Undead.
The event takes place at the Hatfield-based uni’s de Havilland campus on Friday and Saturday.
To reserve a place, email Dr George at email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story, see this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out now
- 1 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled