Vampire conference to be staged at University of Hertfordshire
FOR centuries, humans have told tales of vampires.
And now, to mark the launch of a new degree in vampire fiction, the University of Hertfordshire is staging the UK’s first vampire conference this weekend.
The two-day event, entitled Open Graves, Open Minds: Vampires and the Undead in Modern Culture will feature a number of discussion topics, including Dracula Lives, Undead Victorians and The Gay Undead.
The event takes place at the Hatfield-based uni’s de Havilland campus on Friday and Saturday.
To reserve a place, email Dr George at email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story, see this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out now
- 1 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 2 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 7 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 8 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 9 Multiple fines issued to partygoers at 'dangerous' music event
- 10 Crashes and flooding on A1(M) and M25 causing delays