Vampire conference to be staged at University of Hertfordshire
FOR centuries, humans have told tales of vampires.
And now, to mark the launch of a new degree in vampire fiction, the University of Hertfordshire is staging the UK’s first vampire conference this weekend.
The two-day event, entitled Open Graves, Open Minds: Vampires and the Undead in Modern Culture will feature a number of discussion topics, including Dracula Lives, Undead Victorians and The Gay Undead.
The event takes place at the Hatfield-based uni’s de Havilland campus on Friday and Saturday.
To reserve a place, email Dr George at email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story, see this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out now
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home